Godutai Doddappa Appa Arts & Commerce Degree College for Women, Kalaburagi
NAAC Re-Accredited with ‘B++’
Code of Conduct
Code of Ethics
‘No Religion is grater than Service
Service to Humanity Service to God’
Poojya Dr. Sharnbaswappa Appaji
This Code of Ethics shall apply to the faculty and students of St. Xavier’s College, Mapusa Goa with effect from 1st June 2017.
It shall apply to all Dissertations, Project Reports and Research Papers / Articles based thereon which are submitted, by the faculty and/or Undergraduate / Postgraduate students, to the Institution’s Research Journals or elsewhere.
Words and expressions herein appearing shall have the definitions/meanings assigned to them in relevant enactments/regulations/ guidelines framed/promulgated by statutory bodies viz. UGC. Goa University as from time to time amended.
- In his / her Dissertation, Project Report and/or Research Article, every Faculty Member/Student shall:
- Responsibly conduct research by following all statutory and ethical norms;
b. Desist from indulging in plagiarism viz. the practice of taking someone else’s work or idea and passing them as one’s own;
c. Obtain requisite prior permission from the cited author/publisher, wherever necessary;
d. Properly attribute and acknowledge the source of information in a manner consistent and compatible with the needs and specifications of the respective discipline and in accordance with the rules, regulations and conventions governing the source;
e. Ensure that manuscripts are checked for originality using “Plagiarism Checker X” which is available at the College Library;
f. While submitting a dissertation or project report, also submit an Undertaking specifying that the same has been prepared by him/her and that it is original work which is free from plagiarism. Furthermore, the said Undertaking will also state that the manuscript has been duly checked for plagiarism using “Plagiarism Checker X”.
- Any faculty member/student found guilty of contravening this Code of Ethics shall, after following the due procedure laid down in this regard, be liable for the appropriate penalties as specified by enactments/regulations/ guidelines for the time being in force.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR TEACHERS
The Code of Conduct as enacted in the statutes of Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women’s University are applicable to the faculty members of Godutai Doddappa Appa Arts & Commerce Degree College for Women, Kalaburagi Details of the same are as follows:
(a) A teacher shall carry out the legitimate academic and administrative decisions taken by the authorities of the college/University pertaining to his/her sphere of responsibility/duties.
(b) A teacher shall not discriminate against a student on political grounds for reasons of race, religion, caste, language or sex or for other reason of an arbitrary or personal nature and shall not incite students/teachers against other students or other teachers, colleagues or administration/Governing body of the college.
(c) A teacher shall perform his/her academic duties and work related to examinations as assigned. No remuneration shall be payable to the teachers for internal assessment/home examinations conducted by the college.
(d) A teacher shall have freedom of thought and expressions. He/she shall not misuse the facilities or forum of the college.
(e) A teacher shall not make use of the resources and/or facilities of the Department/College/University/ Governing Body for personal, commercial, political or religious purposes.
(f) A teacher shall not be partial in assessment of a student or deliberately over mark, undermark or victimize a student on any grounds.
(g) A teacher shall not indulge in or resort to directly or indirectly any malpractice or unfair means in teaching/examination / administration.
Responsibility and Accountability
- ] Teachers should handle the subjects assigned by the Head of the Department.
- Teachers should complete the syllabus in time. Teachers shall produce good results in the subjects handled by them and are accountable for the same.
- Mentor system must be effectively implemented. Teachers shall monitor the respective group of students who are attached to them.
- Assignment topics for each course are to be given to the students within a week of the beginning of the semester.
- Assignments should be written in Note Books. The Note Books are to be collected from the students in time and returned to the students after correction.
- Two Internal Assessment Tests are to be conducted in a semester. Answer books are to be valued and marks are to be informed to the students. Marks for the assignments, Tests, Seminars if attended are to be entered in the counselling report.
- Teachers should be good counsellors and Facilitators. They should help, guide, encourage and assist the students to ensure that the Teaching-Learning Process is effective and successful. Value based education must be their motto.
- Teachers should maintain decorum both inside and outside the classroom and set a good example to the students.
- Teachers should carry out other academic, co-curricular and organizational activities that may be assigned to them from time to time.
Punctuality and Attendance
- Teachers must report in time to duty as per the working hours prescribed and should be available in the campus unless and otherwise they are assigned duties elsewhere.
- Prior written permission should be obtained for reporting late in the morning or leaving early in the evening without detriment to their duties. This is subject to restrictions as regards frequency. Permission for going out of the College shall not be given during the class hours.
- Teachers should sign the attendance register while reporting for duty.
- Teachers must be aware that their workload is 40 hours a week even though their maximum class hours are only 16 a week.
- Teachers are expected to be present in the college campus atleast 10 minutes before the College beginning time.
- Teachers should remain in the campus till the end of the College hours.
- 1] Prior written permission is required from the Principal / atleast a day in advance while availing CL or OD.
- Not more than 25% of staff members in a Department will be allowed to go on OD / CL / RH on a particular day.
- Only five days or the maximum period of valuation work at a stretch in a valuation session whichever is longer will be allowed as OD for evaluation work in a year.
- Half a day CL will not be sanctioned.
- 15 days of causal leave can be availed in a calendar year.
- Causal leave can be combined with other holidays. However the total period of continuous absence from duty should not exceed ten days.
- All must report for duty on the reopening day and the last working day of each semester.
Publication of Research Papers & Books and Participation in Research Projects, Seminars, Conferences etc.
1] Staff members are encouraged to write text books, publish articles in reputed Journals and present papers in Seminars and Conferences.
- Staff members are encouraged to take up Research projects.
- Staff members should also attend Faculty Development Programmes, Quality Improvement Programmes etc to update their knowledge.
- Staff members are encouraged to undergo Practical Training in Industry and can take consultancy Work as part of Industry – Institute interaction.
- Absence from duty to the above matters will be treated as on duty and may be suitably rewarded at the discretion of the management either monetarily or by Way of consideration during promotion.
- No teacher should involve himself/ herself in any act of amorality on his turpitude on his / her part which may cause impairment or bring discredit to the institution or Management.
- Teachers Associations should not be formed without the permission of the Management.
- No teacher should involve himself or herself in any form of political activity inside or outside the campus.
- D Card must be compulsory for teachers.
- Teachers should not participate in any strikes or demonstrations either inside or outside the campus.
- Any instructions issued by the Competent Authority by way of Circulars from time to time must be complied with.
- No teacher shall send circulars / distribute handbills to the staff, organize meetings in the campus without permission from the Principal.
- Teachers are barred from using cell phones while taking classes.
- Teachers must always wear their identity badges while inside the college premises.
- Heads of Departments must submit the Department’s time table and individual teacher’s time tables to the Principal when the college is the re-open, on the last working day of the semester, syllabus completion letter will be given by the teacher with the signature of the class representative to principal. Any change must also be reported to the Principal in writing.
- Teachers are encouraged to conduct research on their topic of interest. Management will provide necessary infrastructure for the same.
- Each Department must conduct at least one special meetings in each semester after 3.00 pm. If urgency meeting will be conducted by the concerned department.
- Teachers are expected to attend Department academic association meetings, seminars etc and also college functions like Sports Day, College Day, Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations without fail.
- Teachers are expected to Volunteer, to take up extra classes for students of Certificate, course and other Career Oriented Programmes.
- No representation to any Government authority or University in the name of the College should be made, by any teacher, without the Principal or Secretary’s permission.
- HODs are responsible for all the college properties belonging to their department. It is their responsibility to keep them clean and in working order. Any loss or damage to their property (like, tables, chairs, lab equipments, chemicals, electrical appliances) must be reported to the Principal in writing immediately. It is their duty to extract work from the Non-Teaching staff in keeping the Department clean & Tidy.
- writing work done dairy must be compulsory.
- At the time of increment the concerned teacher has to submit work done dairy research work and students assignments. Get approval by the president. This is also applicable for part time teachers.
- The Management appeals to all staff members to work as a team in institution-building and in upgrading our institution into one of Excellence in Higher Learning.
- Non-Teaching staff working in the College office or departments should remain on Duty during College hours (10.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.). Sunday 10.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Non-Teaching staff must always wear their identity badge during working hours.
- Non-Teaching Staff assigned to Laboratories should keep the Labs clean with the help menial
- Any Loss or damage to any article in the Lab or Class Room should be reported to the HOD.
- Non-Teaching Staff, working in the Lab, shall maintain a stock register for all the articles, equipments, etc. It shall be submitted to the HOD and the Principal at the end of year and their signatures obtained.
- Non-teaching staff will carry out their duties as instructed by the authorities to whom they are attached.
- Non-Teaching staff shall not leave the College premises without permission before 5.00 p.m.
- Non-Teaching staff obtain their duties, will be assigned by the principal [ campus cleaning, computer lab,Internet, prasada nilaya etc.,
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- All students shall be responsible to the Principal, Vice-Principals, faculty members and other designated persons for their conduct.
- Every student shall wear his / her identity card while on campus.
- Students shall be punctual in their timings and attendance.
- All students shall strictly follow the dress code
- No students shall use cell phones at the campus in emergency student
shall you the college landline-08472-220835.
- No student shall use unbecoming language or indulge in insubordination and / or violent behaviour. No discrimination made in caste religion & riches.
- No student shall cause damage of any kind whatsoever to collegeproperty.
- No student shall possess, use or circulate pornographic material in any form.
- No student shall cause damage of any kind whatsoever to college property.
- Students should cultivate competitive spirit.
- Make proper use of Library, retain the good condition of books used.
- Students should participate in co curricular & extra curricular activities.
- Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behaviour inside as well as outside the campus. They shall abide by the roles and regulations of the college and should act in a way that highlights discipline and esteem of the college.
- Health care is important due to Corona.
- Students must wear masks & gloves use. Sanitizer regularly & maintain social distance.
- If & when possible try to help the needy during COVID-19 period.